Job title: QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
We are wbe.travel – a modern, up-to-date company providing reliable software solutions for travel businesses all over the world, based on the strong technical expertise of our fully dedicated and passionate team. After being in the forefront of custom XML integrations with hotel service providers since 2003 we have launched our own innovative travel platform in 2009, as part of DirectVision, a fast-growing software company. Since then we have implemented more than 100 tailor-made systems worldwide for various types of travel companies.
For our head office in Bucharest, we are searching for an enthusiastic and ambitious Quality Assurance Engineer to join our talented team in developing and testing our global software system.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a workmate who has excellent communication skills and is a good team coordinator. We want you to be part of our testing team if you have a passion for test planning and experience in task assignment.
- Testing newly developed software, features, and recording any bugs or performance issues
- Writing complex test cases and understanding the functionality to be tested
- In writing test cases, challenging the specification and providing input for it
- Developing and running effective tests to ensure product’s stability and performance
- Documenting, prioritizing and resolving bugs
- Delivering high-quality projects, accurate reviews, and complete reports
- Providing information to development teams to support their bug fixing
- Deciding on the testing approach and methodologies to be used based on project needs
- Setting up and configuring testing tools
- Controlling and monitoring the testing process
- Defining priorities, timelines, and test coverage
- Aligning and planning testing with tech leads and project managers
- Evaluating and judging the impact of testing on the project delivery
What do we require?
- Minimum 5 years experience in Quality Assurance, ideally in web projects
- Very good knowledge of QA methodologies and processes
- Experience in functional testing and a good understanding of automated testing
- Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications into test cases
- Ability to analyze complex scenarios, breaking them down into individual segments
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge on the application and solution to be tested, including the functional and architectural setup
- Ability to report defects and document clearly
- Experience in using Issue & Project tracking tools (like JIRA and Confluence)
- Experience in API testing
- Experience within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and able to synthesize the results
- Team player who takes pride in their work
- Ability to work independently
- An open mind which is looking for continuous improvement; Enthusiasm and empathy
- Experience in international projects and working with remote teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
What makes us smile when looking at your profile?
- ISTQB certifications
- Experience with performance and security testing
- Experience working with Postman and other tools alike
- Mid-Senior level
What we offer:
- Motivating salary and a great career path
- Creative and supportive professional working environment
- Being part of a growing software development organization
- Private medical subscription
- Central office with easy access to public transport
- Occasional teambuilding and team gatherings 🙂
Come, join our team and apply now. We have been waiting for you.
Let’s explore this further and see if there is a new career opportunity for you! Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org